People have asked me what we’re doing, how we are ‘celebrating’ etc.
It would be easy to think that there is not much to be thankful for this year, but strangely enough I feel mostly the opposite.
Please don’t misunderstand. If we could, we would have Chris back in a millisecond. That is a given. That will not change. Our love for Chris only grows day by day and we miss him so terribly much.
That being said, we know he physically can no longer be with us so we must choose to continue our journey on earth with Chris with us in spirit…and that’s what we’re doing.
So with that as the consistent backdrop, do we have things to be thankful for?
Yes. Here’s 5 of them.
- Family – My wife and son Max are amazing to me. I couldn’t be more proud. (extended family too!!)
- Friends – Continue to be friends in the deepest sense of the word.
- Work Colleagues – Quietly supportive by allowing work to be a place of alternate focus.
- Sports – Love watching competition. Love competing.
- Coffee – It’s those small things in life that can be so great…especially when you’re sharing.
And although not on an official list, I am so incredibly thankful for every event, photo, moment, laugh, discussion, drive, walk, ping-pong game or meal we had with Chris. So incredibly thankful.
Chris…know that we love you so very much and we LOVED every moment we had with you.
For that we are thankful, not just this weekend, but forever.